The NBPNP Skilled Worker Program – Employer Supported stream is for eligible skilled workers who are currently working for, or have secured a position, with a qualified employer.
It is an excellent path by which you can obtain permanent resident status in New Brunswick. You must be able to contribute to the New Brunswick workforce on a full-time basis and be able to adapt well to life in the province. If the province selects you as a viable candidate for permanent residency it will nominate you and then the final decision is made by Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada.
In order to qualify for the NBPNP Skilled Worker Program – Employer Supported, you must:
- have a letter outlining your genuine full-time, permanent job offer from a qualified New Brunswick employer
- be between the ages of 22 and 55
- have adequate English and, or French language skills to fulfill your job duties
- have the education/training, qualifications and, or licenses needed to fulfill your job duties
- live and work in New Brunswick
- be working in one of the following National Occupation Classifications:
• Skill levels O, A, B
• Skill level C, Category 1, 3, 7, 8, 9
• Skill level D, Category 1, 3, 7, 8, 9
- have a positive LIMA result indicating the need for someone with your skillset and that a Canadian citizen or permanent resident cannot fill the position
- be working at the local job market rate of pay
- work in a position that complies with the provincial employment standards
- submit all required forms and supporting documents
- score a minimum of 50 points in the ranking system
- show proof of a clean criminal record
- submit a recent medical report indicating no major health issues
We are here to help with all aspects of this program. Just give us a call or fill out our form for a free assessment.