The Yukon Provincial Nominee Program brings needed skilled labour into the province’s workforce when a void is detected. This part of Canada has a small population of just over 30,000 people and therefore sometimes has the need for foreign skilled workers to fill the void in their labour market regarding skilled and semi-skilled occupations.
The Yukon Business Nominee Programs include:
- Yukon Express Entry, for NOC A, 0, or B categories. The foreign worker must also meet the requirements of a federal economic immigration program.
- Yukon Skilled Worker Program, for NOC 0, A, or B categories. Candidates must have a full-time, permanent job offer from an eligible Yukon employer.
- Yukon Critical Impact Worker Program, for NOC C or D categories. Candidates must have a full-time, permanent job offer from an eligible Yukon employer.
- Yukon Business Nominee Program provides allows candidates the opportunity to attain permanent residence status for those with business and entrepreneurial experience who wish to own and operate a business in the Yukon Territory. Candidates must have a minimum personal net worth of $500,000 CAD, and meet a list of criteria. Find out more about the Yukon Nominee Program (Foreign workers).
- Yukon Community Pilot is a new stream of the Yukon Nominee Program created to address the specific economic and labour market needs of the Yukon. Qualified candidates receive a 2-year location-restricted open work permit.
Since mining is a prominent industry in the northern regions of Canada, if you are applying to work in the province as a skilled labour worker with a background in that field, we will help with your application to that and any other category. Call us at 001 604-440-6221 or 001 604-362-1969 for a free assessment from Migrating Bird Immigration Services Inc. Get expert care and advice from our immigration team when applying to the Yukon Provincial Nominee Program. Discover more about the Yukon Territory.