The OINP Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream allows foreign workers in and outside of Canada, with a job offer in a skilled occupation at Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification to apply to permanently live and work in Ontario. If the province deems you a suitable candidate to invite to settle in Ontario, it will nominate you for permanent residence status. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada make the final decision on who becomes a permanent resident.
In order to qualify for the program, you must meet the requirements, including:
You must have a job offer from a qualified employer apply to the OINP Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream. See the Employer’s Guide for more information.
- the job must be full-time and permanent (1560 hours a year)
- the position must be in one of the eligible occupations found in the list National Occupation Classification (NOC) Skill Level C or D
- the position must be paid the Median wage level for your field in the province. See the Employer’s Guide for details.
- proof must be submitted that the position is necessary to employer’s business
- your physical place of work must be based in Ontario
In order to qualify for the OINP Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream, you must:
- have at least 9 months of paid of full-time (or the equivalent in part-time) paid work experience in Ontario, in the same in-demand occupation (same NOC code) as your job offer
- your experience must have been obtained in the last 3 years prior to applying
- have a valid license or other authorization (Compulsory trade’s Licensing)
- intend to live in Ontario
- have the proper documentation to be currently working or studying in Ontario, etc.
- have a valid licence or other authorization for the job that you have been offered, at the time you apply
- have a Canadian secondary school (high school) diploma or credential, or it’s equivalent in another country. in which case you need to prove Canadian equivalency with an Educational Credential Assessment report
- be able to understand, read, write and speak either English or French language skills at a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 4 or higher
- adequate settlement funds for you and your family
- intention to permanently settle in Ontario
This is a quick overview of the OINP Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream. If you want a helping hand through your application process, especially if there are language challenges that prevent a clear understanding of what is required and how it is to be presented, call experienced immigration consultant at Migrating Bird Immigration Service Inc.