International Skilled Worker: Occupation In-Demand – SINP

This sub-category is for skilled workers who don’t have a job offer in Saskatchewan but are highly skilled in an in-demand occupation in the province, and are able to meet the criteria of the program. You may qualify for this sub-category if you live outside Canada or have proof of legal status in Canada, are not a refugee claimant.

You must:

  • International Skilled Worker: Occupation In-Demand - SINPscore a minimum of 60 points out of 100 on the SINP point assessment grid
  • have a language score of at least Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4
    • Employers and regulatory bodies may ask for language scores that are higher than CLB 4
  • have completed post-secondary education, training, or apprenticeship that’s comparable to the Canadian education system of at least one year in length. You must have earned a diploma, certificate, or degree with this
  • for education obtained outside Canada, such as an academic or technical degree, diploma, or certificate, you must submit an educational credential assessment (ECA) from a designated organization, as per IRCC’s list of approved organizations
    • Individuals who have completed trades or vocational training as part of their high school education are not required to submit an ECA, but must instead apply for licensure
    • see the In-Demand Occupations List for SINP requirements related to professional status and licensure
    • for additional information on working in Saskatchewan in a trade, regulated, or non-regulated occupation, please visit Regulated Occupations and Licensing Requirements
  • have at least one of the following in your field of education or training occupation:
    • one year of work experience in the past 10 years in a skilled profession (non-trades)
    • two years work experience in a skilled trade in the past five years; or
    • twelve months of work experience in Canada in the past three years (trades and non-trades)
  • have work experience in a high skilled occupation in the National Occupational Classification (NOC) Matrix level “A”, “B” or “0” that’s included on the SINP In-Demand Occupation List.
  • provide proof of Professional Status or Licensure (for regulated occupations or those with professional certification standards in Canada and/or Saskatchewan) for your occupation. Please see the SINP In-Demand Occupation List for these requirements. If you are requested to provide proof of licensure, your application will be held for processing until such proof is provided – all other required documents must be included in your application or your application will be returned as incomplete and your application fee will not be refunded. Do not provide licensure documents unless you have been advised by the SINP
  • have proof of settlement funds and a settlement plan

For help with the immigration program – International Skilled Worker: Occupation In-Demand – SINP contact a regulated immigration consultant at MBIS.