Dr. Tofigh applies experience in immigration, business and law to help with the OINP Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream under the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program. Through this program, foreign workers, foreign workers in and outside of Canada, with a job offer in a skilled occupation at Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification may apply to permanently live and work in Ontario.
If the province deems you a suitable candidate to invite to settle in Ontario, it will nominate you for permanent residence status. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada make the final decision on who becomes a permanent resident.
In order to qualify for the program, you must meet the requirements, including:
- Job offer requirements – what your job offer must include
- Applicant requirements – what you need to have before you apply
- Employer requirements – what your employer needs to have before you apply
- the job must be full-time and permanent
- the position must be in one of the eligible occupations found in the list of Skill Type 0 or Skill Levels A or B of the National Occupation Classification
- the position must be paid the Median wage level for your field in the province. See the Employer’s Guide for details.
- proof must be submitted that the position is necessary to employer’s business
- your physical place of work must be based in Ontario
The criteria for this program are strict. To qualify you must:
- have at least two years of paid full-time work experience or licensing in your field
- have a valid license or other authorization (Compulsory trade’s Licensing)
- intend to live in Ontario
- have the proper documentation to be currently working or studying in Ontario, etc.
- Both programs require:
- a Canadian bachelor’s, master’s or Ph.D. degree or it’s equivalent in another country, in which case you need to prove Canadian equivalency with an Educational Credential Assessment report
- English or French language skills at a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 7 or higher
- adequate settlement funds for you and your family
- intention to permanently settle in Ontario