Canadian Super Visas allow parents and grandparents to visit their children or grandchildren in Canada for up to 2 years at a time. It’s a multi-entry visa that provides multiple entries for a period up to 10 years. It should be renewed every 2 years without needing to be filed and re-issued. The usual proof of no criminal record and medical exam applies.
Family sponsors of parents or grandparents applying for a super visa must:
- prove they earn a specified minimum income
- provide parental medical insurance for the first year of the super visa holder
- be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
To apply for a super visa you must meet certain conditions including:
- obtain a signed letter from your grandchild or child inviting you to visit them in Canada that confirms the financial support during your stay in Canada, lists members of the household and proof of Canadian citizenship or permanent residency
- provide proof of paid medical insurance for at least $100,000 coverage from a Canadian insurance company that is valid for at least 1 year from the date of entry
If you want to apply for this type of visa, Migrating Bird Immigration Services will assist you in this way. We’ll make sure that all the details are covered from both ends – the sponsored person and the sponsors. Dr. Tofigh has a great deal of experience and training in this area. Call us today TOLL-FREE at 1-(800)-531-6247 and get the ball rolling.