Foreign nationals must obtain Canadian Temporary Work Permits frоm thе Cаnаdіаn government in order to work in Canada. To obtain a реrmіt there must be a job offer from a Canadian citizen or permanent resident in Canada. This is an important first step for many who seek to become a permanent resident themselves and Migrating Bird Immigration Services will help you every step of the way.
The two kinds of Canadian Temporary Work Permits are an Open Work Permit and an Employer-specific Work Permit.
Open Work Permit
An open work permit is offered in specific situations and allows you to work for any employer in Canada unless they are on the list of employers who have failed to comply with the conditions or are involved in businesses offering striptease, erotic dance, escort services or erotic massages
You may be eligible for an open work permit if you:
- are an international student who graduated from a designated learning institution and are eligible for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program
- are a student who’s no longer able to meet the costs of your studies (destitute student)
- have an employer-specific work permit and are being abused or at risk of being abused in relation to your job in Canada
- applied for permanent residence in Canada
- are a dependent family member of someone who applied for permanent residence
- are the spouse or common-law partner of a skilled worker or international student
- are the spouse or common-law partner of an applicant of the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program
- are a refugee, refugee claimant, protected person or their family member
- are under an unenforceable removal order
- are a temporary resident permit holder
- are a young worker participating in special programs
Employer-specific Work Permits
An employer-specific work permit stipulates the name of the employer you may work for, the duration and location of the contract.
Migrating Bird Immigration Services Inc. will help you will your application process so you can work in Canada on a temporary basis to start and hopefully take the next step to settle in Canada permanently if that is what you desire. Call us TOLL-FREE at 1-(800)-531-MBIS for help and advice.