The availability of the Alberta Express Entry Program is dependent upon the needs of the provinces labour market.
If you can prove to the Alberta government, through an LMIA, that you meet the criteria and are able to make a positive contribution to the province with your skillset, work experience, language skills and ability to assimilate, then the province may nominate you for permanent residence if you can fill a void. International graduates from Canadian post-secondary institutions may also be asked to submit an application under this stream. Only candidates who are asked to submit an application to the Alberta Express Entry Stream will be considered.
The province of Alberta may consider you for permanent residence in their province if you:
- have an active Express Entry profile in the federal Express Entry pool
- have stated an interest in immigrating permanently to Alberta
- be working in an occupation that supports Alberta’s economic development and diversification, and
- have a minimum Comprehensive Ranking System score of 300
Having one or more of the following adaptability factors may increase your chances of receiving a Notification of Interest letter:
- an Alberta job offer and/or work experience
- a graduate of a Canadian post-secondary institution
- a relative already living in Alberta including a parent, child, brother or sister