At Migrating Bird we help with all kinds of Canadian Family Sponsorship.

Canadian Family SponsorshipSponsoring a family member to immigrate to Canada is possible if you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident. Family members eligible for sponsorship include a husband or wife, dependent children (under the age of 22 who are not married, disabled or even married), a candidate with his or her dependent children, father or mother, grandparents, brother, sister, sister Grandchildren, or unmarried grandchildren, or adopted orphans under the age of 18.

The length of an undertaking for Family Spousal Sponsorship for a spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner or child over the age of 22, covers a 3-year period from the day the sponsored person becomes a Canadian permanent resident.

If you’re sponsoring a dependent child, (or the dependent child of your spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner), that is under 22 years of age the length of an undertaking is 10 years from the day the person becomes a Canadian permanent resident. The length of the undertaking is 10 years from the day the dependent child becomes a permanent resident, or until the child reaches 22 years old, whichever comes first. The length of undertaking for residents of Quebec is slightly different.

Sponsoring a family member means that you are agreeing to support them by signing an undertaking, promising to provide the financial support required to cover their basic needs and those of their dependent children. This includes food, clothing, shelter, transportation, medical and dental care not covered elsewhere.

In order to become a sponsor, you must be at least 18 years old; a Canadian citizen, or a permanent resident in Canada; prove that you exceed the minimum income level and are able to support yourself and the sponsored person without government assistance for reasons other than a disability.

(If you are a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to reside in Canada when your sponsored relative becomes a permanent resident. You can’t sponsor someone if you are a permanent resident living outside Canada.)

Sponsoring relatives is a popular request in Canada and we are here to help make sure every detail is taken care of so you don’t have to stress. We put together the best application we can to ensure your family’s success to unite in Canada under the Canadian Family Sponsorship program.

Call 604-440-6221 to speak to a qualified immigration consultant who has a thorough knowledge of Canadian and International Family Immigration Law in general and especially Canadian Family Sponsorship.