The program for World Class Athletes and Cultural Performers is also known as the Canadian Self-employed Person Program. This Canadian immigration program allows people to immigrate to Canada permanently as a self-employed person when they have some relevant contribution to make to the economy or culture. It applies to the athlete’s managers and trainers as well.
To immigrate under this category you must:
- have relevant experience
- be willing and able to be self-employed in Canada
- meet the program’s selection criteria and
- meet medical, security, and other conditions
- show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada.
Relevant experience means that you have taken part in cultural activities or athletics at a world-class level or been a self-employed person in cultural activities or athletics. You can get more points if you have 3, 4, or 5 years of experience. For this category, you must have at least two years of experience in your field, during the period starting 5 years before the day you apply and ending on the day you receive your decision on your application. At a minimum, your experience must meet the following criteria:
For cultural activities:
- 2 one-year periods being self-employed in cultural activities, or
- 2 one-year periods participating at a world-class level in cultural activities, or
- a combination of a one-year period described in (a), and a one-year period described in (2)
- 2 one-year periods being self-employed in athletics, or
- 2 one-year periods participating at a world-class level in athletics, or
- a combination of a one-year period described in (1) above, and a one-year period described in (2) above
You are scored on the following criteria as to your suitability for the program: experience, education, age, language abilities, and your ability to adapt to life in Canada.
We highly recommend you talk to a professional certified immigration consultant about the World Class Athletes and Cultural Performers. You will find it quite beneficial when it comes to avoiding errors and omissions and submitting an excellent application package. Our founder and managing director, Dr. Thomas Tofigh – RCIC, LLM, brings vast knowledge and experience in business, immigration, and Canadian and International Law and can provide the detailed attention required for this program.
Just call our team at 001 604-440-6221 for expert help.