Canadian Spousal Sponsorship

Canadian Spousal Sponsorship applies to spouses, common-law and conjugal partners. It involves signing an undertaking, promising to give financial support for the basic needs of your spouse or partner and their dependent children. This includes providing food, clothing, shelter and other needs for everyday living, dental care, eye care and other health needs that aren’t covered by public health services.

Those being sponsored must not require government financial support. If any is provided, you must reimburse the government of Canada for all costs incurred. You will not be in a position to sponsor anyone else until that debt is repaid.

Once you take on the responsibility of sponsoring a spouse, that binding responsibility remains yours even if circumstances changes, including separation or divorce, that person moves to another province or country, and you encounter financial difficulties. The length of an undertaking for a Canadian Spousal Sponsorship for a spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner covers a 3-year period from the day the sponsored person becomes a Canadian permanent resident. To qualify to sponsor a partner, you must be at least 18 years old, a Canadian citizen, or a permanent resident in Canada, and prove that you exceed the minimum income level and are able to support yourself and the sponsored person without government assistance for reasons other than a disability.

The team at Migrating Bird Immigration Services Inc. are seasoned professionals when it comes to Canadian Spousal Sponsorship and your other immigration needs. Let us lend a hand in guiding you through your application process. Call Toll-Free -1-800-531-MBIS to start things rolling.